Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Fireflies" my version

                        Looking at his reflection as he brushed his teeth washing off the brush and looking at his teeth in the mirror of his bathroom. He yawned with a stretch of his arms and legs for a moment. Pouring some water into a cup swishing it around inside of his mouth before spitting out into the sink. "Ah.. sweet dreams.." he said with a smile walking over to the door opening up to his room. Walking out into a forest, while wearing his pajama pants he began to sing. "You would not believe your eyes" His eyes would look around at the forest as the trees and leaves would change with the light, from the moon light. "If ten million fireflies"
                               Above him a group of fireflies, began blinking around in the sky like stars shinning down from the deep dark skies. "Lit up the world as I fell asleep" Lowering his head passing under a large leave that came floating down to the ground. Looking at the leave as he pulled it along behind him smiling reaching a large body of water as he pushed the leave into the water. Hopping in as he drifted along the water in the leaf "'Cause they'd fill the open air" The reflection on the surface of the water would be that of the sky above, "And leave tear drops everywhere" the stars above stayed up in the sky also lighting the way.
                   "You'd think me rude" Leaning back in the leaf raft as he looked up into the sky, "But I would just stand and stare." His eyes closed for a moment, with a little yawn coming from his mouth. "I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly" In his mind thousand little lights began swirling around making countries from earth. "It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep" Stopping as the raft landed onto shore, shaking him up to his feet before hopping off the leaf raft leaving it there. He ventured deeper into the forest smiling as he looked at the trees and animals flying around above him. "'Cause everything is never as it seems" Looking back down as he continued through the forest, small leaves would reach out with small arms embracing him as he made his way through the forest. "'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs"
                              Swirling around him as they came down from the sky lightning bugs wrapped around him embracing him as he leaped over a log. They carried him into the air, "As they tried to teach me how to dance" Holding him close in the embrace swirling him around slowly. "A foxtrot above my head, a sock hop beneath my bed" A bed in the middle of the forest, as he could see it in the distance, "The disco ball is just hanging by a thread" He was held up in the air the lightning bugs around him like a ball, echoed softly through the forest, "Thread, thread..." Flower's began blooming from the tree's branches, as its petals would shoot up at him in the sky exploding in the sky like fireworks all around him.
                            One exploded against him, as his pajama shirt would wrap around him. "I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly" Leaning back in the air, as he was using the lightning bugs as a bed comfy and cozy being surrounded by them. "It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, 'cause everything is never as it seems" A soft voice came from the ground whispered, "When I fall asleep" Hearing the whisper as he looked around in the air, the lightning bugs still holding up in the air. "Leave my door open just a crack" rocking back and forth a small robot, walked around the forest bottom and whispered "Please take me away from here" Noticing the robot below, tilting his head while looking in wonder. "'Cause I feel like such an insomniac"
                      Looking up at him as the robot began spinning around slowly and whispered "Please take me away from here." Looking down as he smiled at the robot, noticing something out the corner of his eye "Why do I tire of counting sheep?" Bouncing around the forest branches a herd of sheep started jumping over a tree limb. The robot whispered once more watching the sheep "Please take me away from here" One of the sheep bounced over the robot hitting the top of its head knocking the switch to off. "When I'm far too tired to fall asleep" Small robot's red lights glowed around where it's mouth should be before powering down, "Ha-ha" Seeing the last of the sheep had gone, feeling lighter with the fireflies around him. "To ten million fireflies, I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes"
                          Frowning as seen a few flying away from his body, still being held in the air. "I got misty eyes as they said farewell" The lightning bugs began disappearing from around him, whispering into his ear one said "farewell" A small smile came upon his face as his eyes began getting watery, as he wrapped his arms around a small group of lightning bugs. "But I'll know where several are, If my dreams get real bizarre" He would soon fall from the sky landing upon a leaf upon a high tree top gripping the side of the leaf to keep from falling."Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar" Echoed softly through the forest below him "Jar, jar, jar..." His grip finally let up as he fell down toward the ground.
                        Instead of falling fast and being scared he fell slowly swaying back and forth being rocked almost to sleep. "I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly" Looking down at the ground below, seeing his bed the comfort and the breeze he felt would lullaby him almost to sleep. "It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, 'cause everything is never as it seems" Teddy bear stood beside his bed and whispered "When I fall asleep" Slowly closing his eyes, as he slowly floated down to his bed. "I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly" His clothing was gently flowing with the gentle breeze that lowered him to his bed. "It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, 'cause everything is never as it seems" Once again the bear whispered with open arms to catch him if he fell away from his bed.
                           "When I fall asleep" Stretched out his arms and legs before his head gently landed on his pillow, covers slowly wrapping around his body as he was being tucked in to bed."I'd like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns slowly" A large teddy bear beside his bed leaning down kissing upon his forehead making sure he was comfortable, before climbing in bed with him and laying next to him. "It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, because my dreams are bursting at the seams" His voice slowly faded falling asleep as the child laid in bed curled up under his blankets. The walls covered with small glow in the dark stars, a toy robot laying on the floor of his bedroom. The door closes as his parents smiled leaving him to rest, small teddy bear held in his arms with a small empty jar on his play table in the corner of his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment