Pages

Friday, February 20, 2026

"Before I jump, can I say a small prayer? To my Ancients?"

"Ancients? Why not to your gods? Or do you not have those?"

"Of course, there were always going to be someone that came before me. One day I'll be someones Ancient. My Ancients are of my people. My Ancients are strong, and my peoples deities are even stronger."

"What is a deitieit?"

"It is another way of saying god, saying deity is another way of calling all of them."

"Agh! Get on with your praying already. I'm getting impatient."

"Oh yes thank you thank you again.." Kneeling down near the edge, clearing out his throat. Closing his eyes saying aloud in a calm voice softly shaking. 

"Dear ancient beings, deities upon this realm. I am not from this place. I would like to ask you to please deliver my prayer to the place i am from.. I am the Keeper of the DragonTree Temple, I pray to you great Ancient beings." The words seemed to be unable to come out his lips parted but no words came out for a few times before. 

Clearing his throat softly. "Thank you for the life, I've lived, others I've met, food I've eaten. Please, don't worry yourselves over me. Sooner or later I will join you.. In celebration!" Throwing his arms up towards the heavens above with a large smile upon his face. A soft laugh came out before slowly lowering his arms placing them back together.

"Those I have left behind, and those I have just met may you be blessed from those you worship, believe in. May your ancients bless you and give you strength in your time of need.  As The Keeper of the DragonTree Temple, I send blessings to them all, may they receive them always. Please and Thank you." Lowering his head down upon his hands, as his hands shook slightly. Tears began dripping onto his hands, "Thank you for letting me pray first."

"Why bless us? Look where you are?! HAHA!"

"Why didn't you pray for them to save you from this?

"Your ancients that weak they can't protect their own?!" Laughter came from behind him a weapon slowly digging into his back slightly. "Aaaa.." His hands gripped tightly as his mouth opened up wide slightly biting into his hands. "Get up! Move!" Pushing himself up onto his feet, taking a deep breath shaking some. 

Looking over the edge, "Yeah, I'm going. A Deal's a deal right? I am a man of my word, are you?" Turning his attention back, "Oh yes of course. We will let them go after you jump." Placing his foot upon the edge closing his eyes. "My ancients are very strong." Jumping down his eyes closed as tears came out of his eyes. "I'm sorry about Crux." He yelled out as he fell, his arms outstretched the wind blowing against his body. "Ha! He did it! He did it!" Others ran to the edge watching him fall laughing. "Who?

"What an Idiot?!" The window blowing against his body his hair and clothing pressing tightly against him. 'I've never sky dived before.' Lifting his leg slightly as he began trying to walk. 'Please.' tears dripping from his eyes as he kept his eyes closed. A slight blow of the wind caught his feet before he flipped upside down his legs quickly running in the air.."Shit." lifting his arms up above his head placing them together.

"Crux? Crux." taking a moment as the name sounded again. 

"No!"

"You idiot!"

"Don't you dare die like this!"

 "Flap those weak little wings!"

"He can't fly he doesn't have wings like you do stupid!"

"What no wings? but, he is flapj-" The last part was said in a soft sad tone, at the realization. "NO!" Mr. Fridge let out a loud furious Squank! everyone covering their ears with a groan as Mr Fridge ran over the ledge spreading his wings. "I AM MR. FRIDGE! I'M COMING FOR YOU!" Diving down tucking his feet in making him fall faster down seeing the body getting closer as he soared through the sky. 

 all but a few yelled out watching him jump. ""

 "Let us go!"

 "Let them go." Laughter continued as he shouted with a growl. "I SAY LET THEM GO! THAT MEANS NOW!" Husian turned his head toward his crew slowly. The area went quiet as Husian stared at his crew mates as they slowly lowered their weapons to thier sides. Each crewmate took a step away from everyone. "Ye-yes sir." they all said almost in unison, one spoke out. 

"But we."

 "we've never let them go before."

"I'm going down there if he's still alive I want answers. come with us or don't I don't care either way. I'm interested in seeing if he lives through the fall." Is all Husian said before walking away putting his weapon away. "Fight us here 'making' us kill you all where you stand." "And are you a man of your word!?" Husian continued walking, "You are free aren't you?"

"And why should we trust you?"

"And here you are talking and running down to see if they need you."

Pushing through the crew quickly running down the passage dirt and rocks were kicked up behind them. Husian watched them as he smirked slightly, his pace began to quicken to keep up. His crew following behind, "Ha bet we'll beat them there!" One of the crew passed Husian and came up from behind them "Hey so.. You think we could grab a bite to eat sometime. Since were not trying to kill each other." One of the crew began flirting with one of them.

Before she could answer, the limb she had pushed away. Slapped back knocking into the crewmates face knocking him down onto the ground. Husian laughed running past, "What head you looking through boy?!" The crew mate head his head before slowly getting up running walking down while looking down at the ground. His head was swollen slightly from the limb, "Yeah, maybe some other time." Other crew mates running past laughing, "Nice try haha" he followed behind slowly. "My turn!" another yelled out gaining everyone jumped slide and ran down the passage. Once there to be the first one to find the body or bodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment